Pages

Ads 468x60px

lørdag den 26. maj 2012


Manchester United Target : Lewandowski

The Manchester United boss has been keeping close tabs on the Borussia Dortmund hitman and had him watched several times this season.

Fergie is hoping to use Dimitar Berbatov as a makeweight in a potential £14m deal to lure Lewandowski to Old Trafford. Fergie is desperate to sign Lewandowski before the 23-year-old goes to Euro 2012 with the Poland squad.

The United boss knows he could miss out if he impresses in Poland and Ukraine and his value soars.

Lewandowski helped Dortmund land the Bundesliga title this season and struck an impressive hat-trick in front of a watching Fergie to sink Bayern Munich in the German Cup Final.

Meanwhile, Berbatov has taken a parting shot at Fergie ahead of his expected exit from Old Trafford.

Berbatov, who remains United’s record £30.7m signing, insists the Scot froze him out and made promises he couldn’t keep.

The Bulgarian said: “We talked 10 times, he told me there would be a place for me but I stayed on the bench.

“My time at Manchester United is running out. I no longer feel like a valuable part of this team.

“I think I did well in the few opportunities I had.

“I’m frustrated by the way this has happened and don’t think I deserved it.

“But I have dignity and I stopped going to such meetings now it is clear that I’m leaving.”

With Fergie having to move quickly to land Lewandowski, it ­remains to be seen if Berbatov is willing to help by ­­becoming part of the deal. ­

Galatasaray and Lazio are monitoring the ­situation. 


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar

 

Sample text

Sample Text

Sample Text